Monday 12 January 2015

Roland Emmerich

I decided to do some research into film directors as this should give me a perspective from the view of an actual thriller director and may help spark creative ideas. This will also allow me to gain more industry knowledge as to which we could apply to our film making process.

The director I have chosen is Roland Emmerich. I decided this as he has directed some of my favourite and also highest grossing films.

It has been widely criticised that Roland relies to heavily on special effects and CGI. This is a major fallback for us as we don't have the equipment or computer software to create them ourselves.

In 1977 Emmerich enrolled at the University of Television and Film Munich intending to become a production designer however decided to take a film directing course instead. During this time he directed his first film the Noahs Ark Principle, which was screened at the 34th Berlin International Film Festival.

In 1985 Emmerich founded Centropolis Film Productions with his sister,

No comments:

Post a Comment